Thursday, September 15, 2011

Short Battery Life on iPhone 4



I usually have my iPhone configured to connect to a number of wireless networks, home, work and other public networks.
The other day, my battery that normally lasts all day long (even on days with heavy usage) was almost empty after only three hours.

I tried a hard reset (pressing the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds) but that did not work.

I was getting ready to reset to factory settings or taking the phone to the Apple Store - Genius Bar which probably means spending a few dollars, then I read about trying to reset the Network Settings

I was a little bit skeptical.

However, It worked like a charm, my iPhone 4 is back to normal.

The only caveat was having to setup the email accounts and network connections, but that really didn't take that long.

For those who don't know how to reset the network settings, go to Settings -> General -> Reset and select Reset Network Settings.

HTH,
Will



No comments:

Post a Comment